Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pasta Ponza ! ! ! !

So I found a recipe from Everyday Italian that I loved the way it looked and wanted to try it.  The problem was that my grocery store doesn’t carry different colors of tomatoes.  Figuring they were out there I went on a search and ultimately found some very cool new seed places.  Last year I tried growing them and they didn’t quite do as well as I was hoping and we never got enough to really do anything with.  I did only have 1 plant of each.  I did the black, white, orange, and yellow cherries.  This year I got some black cherry seeds from a friend and tried the other colors again.  Well even with the damage from Irene I was able to finally get enough to try out the recipe. 
Totally worth it.  So excited to know that not only can I grow the different tomatoes, but they do taste way better than what’s in the stores and the selection is so much better.  The pasta dish was fantastic and super easy to put together.  I made it in my Demarle at Home products which made clean up a total breeze.  I think we ate it for about a week and I still wanted it.  Making me want to expand what I can do with what’s in my garden.  Which I guess is as good a reason as ever to really evaluate where I’m at.

Update: So knowing that this has sat for a while it's time to let everyone know that the new and improved can be found over at www.gardeningfoodies.com I've learned a lot over the years and I'm super excited to share that with everyone.  So come check us out and see what we now have in store for you.  A lot of food, a little bit of bon COOK business and a sprinkling of gardening to bring everything together.  Or just check out our growing community over at www.gardeningfoodies.com/fbgroup Can't wait to see you there and catch up.


Fresh Cherry Tomatoes from the garden before cooking

After cooking with bread crumbs on top






Finished Product

Finished Product


No comments:

Post a Comment