Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Finding homes for them

Finding homes for almost 70 plants inside is no easy task.  This year we plan on burning wood so I’ve lost the top of the wood stove which housed quite a few of my plants last year.  We’ve also expanded our winter garden this year.  We did however manage to get quite a few hooks put up so that I can finally hang plants in front of the windows this year.  That has helped tremendously.  Now it’s just finding the time to finish and keep up on the watering.  I’m finding that a lot of them are lot more thirsty now that they are inside then they were on the outside.  I think I have finally gotten catch up in the watering.  Now the trick is to stay on top of it.  I’ve managed to make the family room pretty cozy which is super nice.  It will be fun to sit around this winter surrounded by green fun. 

Top of the 6 ft table that is completely full

Floor of the table
There's a lot of them.  And for the most part they have all found homes.  I totally have a jungle in my house.  There's also a crazy variety of plants in this collection.  Never really appreciated how much I have until it's all crammed together in one tiny spot.  Some think it's crazy, but it's my craziness and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment