Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Monday, January 31, 2011

A nice little field trip to Logee’s was originally scheduled, but even after everyone else backed out I still had to make the trip.  I’m glad I did.  It’s so easy to forget how much a garden is constantly changing.  Logee’s is no exception.  This trip I was reminded why we always try to hard to make it in January before things get a little too crazy for me; the lemon tree.  The smell is out of this world.  The flowers smell absolutely incredible, and of course so many of their other flowers are blooming right now. 

As you walk through the paths it hard to figure out where some of the smells are coming from, and sometimes you just can’t find them.  All of this is what makes the trip so great.  I got an amazing photo of a passion flower. 

Couldn’t figure out which one is actually was, but decided that it didn’t really matter.  I wasn’t planning on getting sucked in, but with a 20% off coupon that’s exactly what happened.  Not too bad.  I only left with 4 plants.  Too passion flowers, a new berry that caught my husband’s eye and a mystery hibiscus.  Obviously we couldn’t figure out which hibiscus it was, but after looking at the possibilities we decided that we could probably live with the result.  We’ll have to wait and see what we got. 


Two of my favorites were in bloom when we went.  The hibiscus (this was on one for sale), and the puff flower.  I just think it looks so cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment