Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Catalogs Catalogs Catalogs ! ! !

People don’t seem to like January too much.  It’s after the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  The days are short the bills come due and if you’re in New England you get walloped with snow this year.  However, if you’re a gardener January is awesome.  All the catalogs start to come.  Some are old friends that you get every year, and some are new ones that just pop up.  And your favorites you sit by the mail box and just wait for like a little kid.  Some I always order from others I just love flipping through to look at all the pretty pictures and new varieties.  Some of my old favorites are Burpee and Dutch gardens.  While my newest ones are Baker Creeek, Comstock Ferre, High Mowing and Abundant life Seed.  Also online is reimer seeds.  Totally cool site and has ton of varieties of hot peppers if you like them.  Gotta love a cold winter’s day dreaming of spring time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment