Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New England just got hit.  I personally love the snow.  I do wish I was able to just stay snowed in rather than to try to dig out and work at the same time, but such is life.  The picture on the left is what my well looked like when I went t bed thinking we weren't going to get anything.  However the next morning  I couldn't even find the well.  For the record that's about a 10 inch planter depending on where you're looking. 


After the storm

Before the storm

My dogs LOVE the snow, and I love playing in it with them.  Wasn't much time for me to play, but they've managed to create some pretty good paths.  Problem was I couldn't tell if they were standing or sitting half the time. 

Meet Lani

Meet Loke


This storm proves that sometimes you just can't plant for winter interest.  I like to, but I think it would help if you could actually see the garden.  It's sorta buried after all this snow.  At least it's all insulated now.  

Roses somewhere.  At least
you can still
see the two dwarf arborvitaes

Our picnic table and benches




I swear there are bushes somewhere

Three tiered planters with
 completely buried pots and
 benches somewhere under
all that snow


Hope You get to have some fun in the snow before it melts away.

No comments:

Post a Comment