Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Surprise Vacation


Well another weekend has gone by and I haven’t even touched dirt.  A last minute vacation or at least last minute booking whisked me away to see family while my husband works.  The great thing I get two weeks off with a whole lot of nothing.  I have been able to spend mornings walking and trying to get myself back into some sort of shape while enjoying afternoons on the beach, and I’ve actually read one whole book already.  The downside, it’s actually killing me to not be able to play in the dirt at such a critical time of the year.  My friends are getting theirs all set, but the most I’ve been able to do is play with some new programs to get an idea of how much I should be planting.  Now don’t get me wrong it’s been pretty fun to see the different layouts I can do, but of course I left my graph paper at home so I can only really do things on line for right now, but it’s been neat to see how the different programs work (more on that later).  I actually have someone plant sitting for me this time.  Still hoping my lemons hold on for me. 

I don’t come back until late Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, and I’m pretty sure that I’m not going to be able to do too much that weekend while I try to adjust back to the east coast time.  What’s worse is even the next weekend I’m booked, NH Saturday and then Comstock Ferre Festival on Sunday.  So in the meantime I’ll be enjoying some more sun and waves crossing my fingers that everything holds on at home.  I threw in the vine seeds right before we left so they should be HUGE by the time we get back. 

Update: So knowing that this has sat for a while it's time to let everyone know that the new and improved can be found over at www.gardeningfoodies.com I've learned a lot over the years and I'm super excited to share that with everyone.  So come check us out and see what we now have in store for you.  A lot of food, a little bit of bon COOK business and a sprinkling of gardening to bring everything together.  Or just check out our growing community over at www.gardeningfoodies.com/fbgroup Can't wait to see you there and catch up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment