Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Monday, July 2, 2012

What's blooming June 29th

As I walk out my front door and around my yard this is what I get to see this week:

Blue Hydrangea, short daisy, black eyed susans (just starting), blue veronica, fox glove (done), yellow rose (done), sweet William, dusty miller (yellow flowers too), babies breath starting, wild daisy (done), Burgundy rose (done), astible starting (I think it got eaten), bleeding heart (still hanging on), Hibiscus about 3’, day lilly buds, Random plant with pink flowers, white swan, holly hock buds, filler asters, honey suckle, snow on the mt, daisy buds, fall aster up, red rose, white bee balm buds, tall daisy buds, white landscape rose, holy hock 5 stems going, pee gee buds, white hydrangea, blue hydrangea starting, star gazer, potato flowers, blue podded peas, tall catnip buds, yellow snow peas, morning glories (low), wild daisy, white butterfly bush buds, black knight butterfly bush, gladiolus up, orange butterfly bush buds, hops have gone total jungle
Its amazing how fast things change, but I still need to get some color in a few spots.  Too much green.  I've got my front side walk that explodes with color first thing in spring but then it dies down a bit.  And at the extreme oposite of the scale very little goes on in my front until about now.  So spring is the huge hole plus the time it takes everything to get going.  That’s the problem with trying to go for a full four seasons of color.  I’ll get there eventually. 

Update: So knowing that this has sat for a while it's time to let everyone know that the new and improved can be found over at www.gardeningfoodies.com I've learned a lot over the years and I'm super excited to share that with everyone.  So come check us out and see what we now have in store for you.  A lot of food, a little bit of bon COOK business and a sprinkling of gardening to bring everything together.  Or just check out our growing community over at www.gardeningfoodies.com/fbgroup Can't wait to see you there and catch up.  
Honey Suckle and snow on the mountain



Holly Hock yr 2 I hope this one sticks around


Freshly transplanted apline strawberries from this year.  I think they like their new home.
Blue podded peas.  I can't wait to have enough for dinner.


Soy Beans.  First time this year.  The flowers are so tiny you barely see them and then next thing you know beans magically appear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment