Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Strawberry Short Cake Bites

These have got to be one of my favorite desserts right now.  They are so easy to make.






Mini tartlet mold from Demarle at Home (or bigger)

I like the 1 7/8 cutter
one pre made pie crust makes one tray easily (two batches pictured)
Whipped cream (I love my home made stabilized whipped cream)
      I whipped about 2 cups up and still had some leftover
diced up strawberries with a little sugar (splenda or truvia)
      I used about a cup here for two batches

Bake up trays ahead of time (remember to prick the dough to keep from puffing up)
pipe whipped cream onto cooled tartlets, and spoon diced strawberries on top.
I even found that the tartlet shells can be kept in an air tight container.  They weren't that bad even after a few days.  I made 120 of these for our pool party last year and there was not a single one left.  I think I got about two.  Mind you there was only about 50 people there. 
The possibilities are endless with this.  I think next I want to try it with dark chocolate on the shells before the whipped cream gets pipped in.  YUM!

Update: So knowing that this has sat for a while it's time to let everyone know that the new and improved can be found over at www.gardeningfoodies.com I've learned a lot over the years and I'm super excited to share that with everyone.  So come check us out and see what we now have in store for you.  A lot of food, a little bit of bon COOK business and a sprinkling of gardening to bring everything together.  Or just check out our growing community over at www.gardeningfoodies.com/fbgroup Can't wait to see you there and catch up


No comments:

Post a Comment