Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Changing Winds

It’s amazing how time flies.  Most people don’t truly see the changing seasons.  We just wake up one day and realize that we’re wearing different clothes.  That the “normal” temperature is changing.  Then sometimes you can feel it.  In the spring it’s an exciting time.  People are itching to get outside and enjoy the warmth of the sun.  I guess fall can be exciting too.  For me I’m not ready to let summer’s warmth go just yet, but some how last weekend I felt something in the air, and suddenly the mornings got a little chilly, and I saw a forecast with 48 degrees as a low.  Maybe the change has started, or maybe it’s just this crazy hurricane called Irene that seems to be changing things. 

Either way it’s clear that fall is one it’s way.  The vegetable garden has turned into a jungle, fruit is starting to ripen and pumpkin products have started to hit the shelves.  It’s only August, but plans the pumpkin carving party and what to do with the seeds are already underway.  Guess every season has a plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment