Welcome

Hello and welcome to my garden! I have a zone 6 garden located in south eastern Connecticut with a little bit of everything. There's a lot of it and it's still growing. Sometimes I think it might be too much and then the gardener in me comes out and says NOPE. My ultimate goal is to be able to eat my way around my yard. In addition I love what my friends affectionately called my jungle. My collection of tropicals brings the outside in and gives the place a tropical feel at times. While some of my garden is your run of the mill some isn't. Come join me on my wild adventure.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Favorite pictures from Winter

This year has been crazy.  I think I can only remember one other winter growing up where we had this much snow.  I may have a love hate relationship with my house, but I absolutely LOVE my neighbors.  There’s no doubt that up here in New England we have gotten slammed this year with snow fall.  Usually getting about a foot each time, and lets face it that’s a lot of snow to move.  Our neighbor had been great and done our drive way a few times.  This is great for two reasons; (1) obviously it helps us with time, and (2) the snow blower actually blows the snow away and spreads it out.  One of our neighbors was taking care of the ends of driveways after the serious dumpings. 










If we actually were shoveling all this I highly doubt we would have anywhere to actually put the snow by now.  As it is the piles at the end of our drive way are at my shoulders (I’m 5’ 1”), and the pile at the end had got to be taller than me.  I got excited because it kinda started to melt, but that didn’t last long.  You still can’t tell where things are with all this snow. 










But we have gotten some really cool pictures.  I love the table and chairs we have with the ice melting through it.  Just looks cool. 





No comments:

Post a Comment